Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to Reality


Well after 3 weeks off of school and our schedule we are finally back to a normal homeschooling week. We had a great time visiting with both of our families, celebrating christmas and Isaac's 4th birthday. Our trip to Florida went by so fast that I can't believe it's all done with already! The kids enjoyed seeing their cousins and having Izzy's birthday party. We enjoyed meeting our new niece and nephew. But we are happy to be back home now and back into the swing of things. Although it was nice being off and having lots of time to devote to gathering all of our adoption paperwork and scheduling all of our appointments that went along with it. So now I find myself trying to balance house work, schooling, and adoption paperwork. It's quite overwhelming at times but I have prayed and asked the Lord to show me how to prioritize my responsibilities so that I can get done everything He wants me to each day. It's just goes against my personality to not jump in with both feet and consume myself with getting this adoption stuff in and working on the next step. But we know this is going to be a long road and I believe the Lord is helping me to pace myself so I don't get worn out quickly. Yet I am so excited!! Every step we take brings us nearer to the kiddos the Lord wants to add to our family. I have even started dreaming in color=) Sometimes my babies are white and some times they are black and I haven't even met them yet! I know it sounds corney but truly I can feel them growing in my heart already. I always want to hurry hurry hurry to the end of something so I can see how it all turns out but I want to try and enjoy this period of waiting, if that's possible=) Stephen has come up with some great ideas of ways we can try and raise money this summer. He is planning on trying to get his name around for doing some lawn work (since he is really good at it) and I am planning on making lots of cloth diapers to sell and some other household stuff. I know it won't bring us to what we need. But we truly believe that we are supposed to be wise stewards and that God will show up in ways we never even believed possible to bring our kid(s) home to us! Well on a sad note...not two days after coming home our first dog Sago ran away and has now been gone for almost a week. We are almost certain that he is gone for good with how cold the weather has been and the fact that our other dog came home without him=( It's a sad note to end on. He was a fiesty dog when we lived in a subdivision but ever since moving out here to the country he has been so nice to be around. So he will be sorely missed=( But we are planning on getting a new puppy right around the time our baby chicks are to arrive. So the spring should be a fun time here on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment