Well as this Christmas draws near we are preparing for our annual trip down to Florida to visit with family. The boys are ready. Well actually they have been ready for about 3 weeks now=) I'm working (or should be=) to get us ready for the 12 hour trip we will be taking in 1 more day! Yikes so much to do but we have gotten pretty good at this. Christmas is such a special time of year. In our house we are really focusing this year on starting some Schoolfield family traditions. It's so easy for each year to just fly by and you just kind of go along for the ride. Well this year we wanted to make a more concerted effort to do those things that we have so enjoyed in the past. Such as cutting down our Christmas tree, making a special Christmas morning breakfast, taking the boys one at a time to buy their gifts. Oh sure we could have just gotten their gifts the last time we were grocery shopping but they do so love the special time with just mom or dad to buy their gifts. And we could have picked up a tree at the local tree shop. But we all enjoy the hay rides and hot chocolate ( this year it was even snowing!). As a fairly young family we are seeing how important it is for the kids and even us to have those things that we look forward to each year.
For now I have put the adoption papers on hold. I am really trying to pace myself with them but finding it harder and harder to. My personality wants to buckle down and finish it in 1 day. But I know that is not realistic so until the new year I'm going to be putting it to the side. But trust me come January 1st and I'll be making some serious progress on it. As it stands now I have a lot of stuff already finished. So this new year I need to get fingerprinting apt., submit our I600A, apply for our passports, and we have to pay a portion of our fees (Yikes!). But we know God is faithful and will provide!! Please if you would commit to praying for us this year as we finish with our paperwork and get put on the waiting list for our child or children the Lord has chosen to add to our family!! We love you all...and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment