Okay so after spending the good part of my nap time on Saturday building it, I finally have my nerdy adoption spreadsheet filled out!!! Now I can attempt to figure out when we should be expecting a referral!!!
I used the number of families submitted up until our paperwork went in (on June 18th). Minus the referrals given out since our dossier went in.
So that all has brought me to these #'s.
52 Families Waiting at the end of June (when our dossier went in)
-12 referrals in July
Puts us at family #40 on the wait list
I divided 40 families by the # of referrals typical in a month ( which changes every month). That puts our wait at 3.01 months left to wait!!! Okay so this is hopeful thinking and I have realized that the only thing predictable about international adoption is how unpredictable it is. So this maybe WAY off or could be right on. I always hope I'm a little off on the numbers and it would be sooner than expected, rather than later.
That would put our timeline like this
Referral: early/middle November (praying by Thanksgiving!!)
Trip #1: End of January
Trip #2: Some time in April to bring our sweet baby home!!!! (depending on if we pass court the first time)
All these numbers are very exciting! But one thing that I'm learning is that I'm not a patient person. I'm so thankful that the Lord is teaching me how to REALLY be patient.
The days go by quickly when I'm not thinking a lot about our adoption. But as the time grows closer to finally seeing her picture for the first time, I can't help but dwell on how long 3 1/2 months can be! It's like the end of a pregnancy when everyone tells you to rest or enjoy the time before the baby comes. Yea right!! You could careless about resting you want to hold your precious baby in your arms.
We also may have decided on a name. We'll call her baby H for now (still waiting on daddy to sign off on the name).
Thank you everyone who is praying for us and for baby H. It's amazing stepping out in faith and watching the Lord blow your socks off!!!
PS. Also still can't say anything about our good news=( Which really stinks!!!
Mr. P is 14!!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment