Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today was THE DAY!!!

What an amazing day today has been!
I was working on making some diapers today when my phone rang. But it wasn't just any ring it was the special ring I made just for my social worker. When I saw it was indeed her my heart just about stopped. Then for a split second I thought, " What if she's calling to tell me just some random news about paperwork or the seminar coming up?!" my next thought was "if this isn't the call I'm hoping it is I'm gonna be a mess!". So I answered and tried really hard to read her voice but I couldn't. But after a few seconds she asked me to sit down that she had some news for me! I KNEW WHAT THIS MEANS! Then she gave me the news we have been waiting to hear... we have been matched with a precious little 1 1/2 year old girl. My heart all about stopped at this point. I was really glad she told me to sit down because I'm not sure my legs would have remembered to hold me up at this point=) She then proceeded to tell me all kinds of information about this and that and what to do next and ya da ya da ya da ya da is all I heard. At the end of the phone call I kindly informed her that I hadn't heard a thing she told me and that she would have to repeat it all tomorrow. I'm sure she is used to this kind of reaction because she was like, "Yep that's totally normal!".






So I immediately called stephen (sobbing of course) and attempted to tell him what happened. Once I managed to form a sentence he was super excited and tried his best to console me through the phone. Meanwhile at our house the kids were looking at me as if I had just grown a second head. They had no idea why I was happy-go-lucky going to answer the phone and within seconds was a soppy mess of tears. But they tried their best to be sweet to me and came and rubbed my back and hugged on me. Even Bethany got into it and kept coming over to me and doing her fake cry and then smiling and walking away=)



Stephen and I got to talk just for a few minutes about everything and then we decided to hang up and go open our emails and see her picture for the first time!

What an AMAZING moment that was!!!!! This sweet girl who we have been praying, dreaming and waiting for right there before our eyes. It was one of those moments that will forever be etched into my heart.

After this I spent the next 5 hours on the phone with friends and family letting them know the good news and crying with each new phone call.
What an INCREDIBLE day this has been! And now we are off to do more paperwork, which I don't mind in the least! One giant step closer to bringing our sweet little girl home!





Mommy and Daddy love you

4 comments:

  1. wow! you're really doing it! amazing and awesome! can't wait to meet the new schoolfield girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy tears!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy day!!! We are so excited for you guys...what a process. Can't wait to meet her! She's about the same age as Abigail, so she can have someone around her size to romp around with at family reunions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had just read your 4 months waiting blog and then saw on the forums that you got a referral :)! I am so excited for you. Acted the exact same way that I did!

    Mandie
    http://menzeradoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete