Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Monday, October 25, 2010

1 Week In......

I spoke with Leah this earlier this week and was really hoping to hear different news but oh well....

The mail only goes out from Bethany to Ethiopia once a week on Fridays and I was REALLY hoping that we had got our acceptance paperwork there in time but it JUST missed the truck=(
I'm talking hours=(


So now we will have to wait till tomorrow(the 29th) to have our papers sent over, which just kind of puts us back a little. This may not seem like a big deal , but to me it is! So just praying that all of our other documents will fall into line once our paperwork gets there and we will be hearing about it all being submitted to court soon! I just hate knowing that our papers are just sitting on a desk doing nothing!

We celebrated Stephen's 29th birthday on Sunday and while eating his special birthday dinner we decided to try and come up with a name for our sweet little girl! The boys really had a good time as we got the baby book out and played with different names and seeing how we liked them. We are pretty sure we came up with it! We love the meaning and it's a very pretty name. But now we are praying about it, so for the time being we will just referr to her as D.
Now that the news of our daughter (D) has settled in we have started thinking through all the changes that will need to be made to have 2, 2 year olds in the house!
We have been trying to decide how we want to go about the bedding situation. Since D will be a little over 2 when she comes home and this is how she is used to sleeping in the orphanage, we have decided to keep her in a crib for a while. So that means that Bethany will either need to transition to a toddler bed or we will need a second crib for a short time. We moved the boys to toddler beds pretty early. But if we decide to do this we will have to do it right after we come back from court so that she will be well trained to stay in her bed at night. I'm assuming I'll be spending a lot of time with D and sleep issues so I want to make sure that I dont' have to work with Bethany also!

I also want to have Bethany potty trained by that time! We had the boys potty trained early so I know it's possible. We just need to get crackin!

One hard part for me will be that I'm going to stop nursing Bethany. I know it will be for the best, since I want to be able to devote my time to D just as I would a newborn.

There are so many other issues that we are working through now that we know the age of our sweet little D. Strollers, Carseats, clothing and on and on and on. For all intent and purpose we will have twins...so there is a lot of planning that we still need to do! But we are loving it and so excited.


Just as all my forum friends said this phase of waiting is MUCH harder! Rarely I go a day without crying and longing for the day I hold my sweet daughter in my arms. I know that day will be so happy for me but I also know that day will be very hard for her. So it's with bittersweetness that we wait. Waiting to hear news any news of her and progress with our case!


We also heard from our SW this morning that she is working hard on getting some more pictures for us. That makes this mommy's heart VERY VERY happy!! Unfortunately we can't post any pictures of D until she comes home so for now you'll have to take my word that she is BEAUTIFUL!

2 comments:

  1. :) All of this planning is so fun, but I can completely understand your aching heart! You are not alone. One thing that I wanted to let you know is that our little guy is at Shalom too, and he is sleeping on something that looks like a toddler bed. The only reason I knew this is because some friends just came back and had photos of him napping. If you want a picture, I can send it your way so you can see what she is probably sleeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandie=) It's so nice to have 'met' people who understand how hard this waiting is! We actually got some pictures from a few BTDT families that traveled to Awassa during their Embassy trip. It's sooooo great having those few pictures to help me imagen her there. I've been praying for you and RaisingOlives to hear soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete