Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh the waiting!!!



I have never in my life been so excited to get the mail as I have been lately. We mailed our I-600A with our finalized homestudy and now have to wait till we hear something back from them about a fingerprinting appointment. So everyday I go to the mailbox (which is 1/2 a mile from our house) with great anticipation of getting a letter from USCIS!!! But thus far I leave the mailbox each time bummed. From all the research that I have done on how long it takes to get your final approval from USCIS it has varied from 1 to 3 months. I'm hoping ours is more on the 1 month side=)!! Once we get our fingerprinting appointment we will go to BCS and get our dossier packet and start working on that. At least then I will have something to channel all of this excitement into. But for now we just wait....

Adoption is a lot like a pregnancy...a REALLY long one. I always enjoy going to the Drs. to check on the baby and feel like each appointment gets me one step closer to holding my baby in my arms. Just like with this letter I'm waiting for, feels like one step closer to being united with our daughter!!
God continues to be so faithful to us in this journey !! I think sometimes we miss what the Lord would have for us because of fear and the unknown. He is a mighty God and we are so blessed to be a part of what He is doing in this world through adoption!!

Spring time in Tennessee is my favorite time of the year!! We got our new batch of chicks that are now 5 weeks old. The boys are having a good time in their new fort that stephen built them. We are getting ready to string up the zip line on a new part of the farm. Our onions are in the ground and the rest of our seeds are on their way. This years garden will be much the same as last years but this year I am planning to be in it much more since I won't be 9 months pregnant=) We are still in the market for a calf or two and we are thinking of getting a puppy when we come back from our trip to Florida. Samson needs a friend=)

We are leaving this weekend to go camping with some of our best friends. We are meeting halfway and camping in western Tennessee. Spring time in Tennessee is so beautiful and I can't wait to get out there and enjoy it=)
I just know that our letter is going to come while we are gone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment