Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Almost done packing!!!!

Well we are almost ready to go!!! Donations are almost all ready (still need to do the final weigh in). I'm all packed and ready, and holding to his nature Stephen is still not packed=).



It's finally sinking in that we are leaving for Africa to meet our little girl FOR REAL! These last few weeks have been a blur of preparation and planning. It's amazing how much has to be done to travel and not to mention getting everything ready for your kids while your gone.
My stomach is starting to do flips everyday when I realize how much closer we are to leaving. The only thing that I'm still struggling with is leaving our kids here. I have never been away from them for more than 2 or 3 days (Bethany only 1 day!). I am going to miss them sooooooooooooo much that it just hurts thinking about leaving them. Yet I'm also looking forward to spending so much alone time with Stephen.
The kids are SO excited for their Papa and Barbie to come up and stay with them. I know they will do just fine, it's just this mama's heart that HATES being away from them!

So the plan is that we are leaving here Friday morning to catch our plane to Chicago at 12:00. We then have a 3 hour layover in Chicago till we get on our next flight to Frankfurt Germany. Once in Germany we have a 6 hour layover until the last leg to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia! We 'should' be getting in Saturday late in the evening. We're hoping to attend the Ethiopian church the next day, but really we will have to see what the entire week holds once we get there.

We will be meeting 'A' Monday morning (middle of the night on Sunday for you), if you think about it pray for us Sunday night that our first meeting would go good and that she won't be afraid of us. We have been waiting a long (7 months) for this day and we are just so excited that it's almost here!!!!

PS. I also plan to blog from Ethiopia if I'm able to! So check for updates while we are there!!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to get to meet her!!!

    I understand the struggle with leaving the other children behind. I am already having a hard time thinking about that and we don't even have our Embassy date yet. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily I think it's so awsome that you guys brought your kiddos on your court trip! I so wish we could have done that! What a great eye opener for them!! Praying that your fingerprints and immigration stuff is there NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! Praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting, I can't wait to hear how your trip goes! Of we I'll be praying for you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for praying for us! We are sooooo excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot WAIT to hear how it is going!!! Been praying for you all like crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete