So yesterday was 10 weeks since we saw A's face for the first time. I don't have any news to post except that we are still waiting. Waiting for an update. Waiting for our case to go to court. Waiting Waiting Waiting. That's the name of the game with international adoption.
This processes has been harder than I ever would have imagined it would be but also more of a blessing than I ever imagined. This morning as I was having my quiet time I cried out to the Lord to hear something about A. Anything, just to let us know how she is doing and to hear our case is moving along. I said, "Lord, this is painful. Waiting for news, wondering well it just hurts".
That's when I felt the Lord say "It is painful. But it's not just painful for you, it's painful for A too. But it's good."
Sometimes things are both painful and good. So we wait and pray and pray some more.
We do have hope that we will get an update this week or next.
But if we could ask please pray that our case would move forward and whatever is holding our case up in Ethiopia that it would be resolved!
Thanks=)
Mr. P is 14!!
8 years ago
I feel your pain!!! I thought there just had to be something wrong when it took 4 months for us to get a court date! I felt myself wondering if we really had gotten a referral or if I'd imagined it!! Here's hoping we all get updates SOON!
ReplyDeleteby the way- I just noticed that you have a link to the Tuininga's- do you know them?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post. It is true pain is good and bad. I like to over look the good part sometimes. Praying for you as you wait. Thankfully you learned at least something.
ReplyDeleteRachel that is EXACTLY how I feel. It feels like maybe there was a mistake and they didn't mean to send her info and picture to us.
ReplyDeleteNo I don't know the Tuininga's just enjoy their blog=)