Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Saturday, September 4, 2010

I have been SOOO restless lately. I'm not entirely sure why, but I suppose it has to do with our status on the waiting list? We have marked off one after another after another after another families who received their referral. We are moving up and up and up the list. Then just this week there have been several families who submitted just before us.... get matched!!! We are currently family #26 (but how many of those families are waiting for older/siblings/little boys is anyones guess...which means we could be much higher up the list).
I am REALLY trying to be patient but the fact that it could be any day now that we get THE call that changes our life, just kind of makes me crazy. Or it could still be months away.
One hard part is that out of the dossier submitted before us (about 20 or so families) , almost none of them are on the adoption board. So from here until we are matched we really won't get to see our names moving up the list as the other families are matched. We will have to wait till the end of each month to see where we are at. But on the other hand we could be matched tomorrow with the little girl the Lord has for us. I'm planning on calling our social worker this week to see if she can give me an idea of our status.
We are still very busy with several big projects but always looming in my heart is my desire to hear my phone ring with our BIG news!
Thanks for letting me vent. I know I need to be patient, but until you have been here, you have NO CLUE how hard that is!!! Just keep taking it to the Lord and I also find that praying very specifically for our baby girl makes me feel like I am taking care of her in a way. Please just pray for us for patience and for our baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. its with anything we want in life, we have to be patient, its a hard thing, especially and mostly when we can't control it. God wants to show you all something in the waiting, He always does :) just like wishing for something that isn't there yet, you might miss what you have today :) wherever we are we just need to give Him glory :) and i once heard someone tell a story that they were going on a vacation to all these different countries and when they got to England they couldn't wait to get to France and when they got to France they couldn't wait to get to Italy, so on and so forth--but in the end they never enjoyed any of the countries or vacation because they were wanting to get to the next thing and place. kind of could be Scriptural too because we aren't promised tomorrow so we are to live today as if it is the last :)

    yes i know its much easier said then done ;-) its just like waiting for a husband and not knowing when he would come :) at any rate, love you all and hope this is an encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. I was obsessed with checking my computer...and as the time got closer I didn't want to leave home!! So exciting.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete