A few weekends ago we went to our first drive-in movie. It was so much fun. They were having a double feature, Toy Story 3 and The A-Team. It was so much fun to watch the movie with the lightening bugs twinkling all around us. The kids really enjoyed Toy Story but our little princess was starting to get really fussy because it was way past her bedtime and unseasonably warm. So my wonderful husband donned his manly ergo and popped our sweet little girl in there and she was out like a light. Only problem was that he had to stand the entire time=) So needless to say we didn't stay for the A-Team.
The kids also got to celebrate their daddy for Father's Day and they all bought him something special with their limited funds=) Isaac took Daddy to Taco Bell and bought him a taco and Stephen took him to Sonic later that evening and bought him an ice cream Sunday. They were so excited to get to bless their daddy, precious!!! And well Bethany just gave daddy sloppy kisses=)
We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Saturday we hung out at the house and worked hard on the farm. Killed 4 chickens, weeded the entire garden, picked 2 dozen cucumbers and a pail of tomatoes and I made 2 diapers. I'll post a picture of our garden instead of the 4 dead chickens hanging from our backyard tree=)
That night we shot off fireworks and then Steve and I watched 'Henry Pool is here' (very stupid movie in our opinion=). Sunday we went to church, took naps, night church for communion night. After that we left and went to the 12th floor of Stephen's office and watched the fireworks in Worlds Fair Park. It was so sweet of Stephen to take us there so Bethany and I didn't get all hot and sweaty and eaten up by bugs!!! Monday we had friends over for a July 5th party. The boys welcomed everyone by hiding on the roof with their water guns and shooting them=) We ate and had water balloon fights. Plus I got to spend time chatting with my best friends and their new babies=) All in all it was a fantastic weekend!!! But we didn't get any pictures of it!!
Here is a picture of our finished adoption paperwork just before we turned it in. We are SO beyond excited to be in this next phase of our adoption!! Although it is rather hard to just sit around and wait, knowing that your life is going to change so much with one phone call. But wait we must. In the mean time I have been pouring over adoption books and websites learning all I can about adoption and attachment and anything and everything related to it!! The other day the kids and I left the grocery store and I was SURE I had left someone. I kept counting the kids and thinking no they are all here? But then I realized our sweet baby girl is already so much a part of my heart. This is what I have been praying for for months now. That the Lord would prepare her for us and us for her. And you know what.....He's doing it!!!
Here is a picture of our finished adoption paperwork just before we turned it in. We are SO beyond excited to be in this next phase of our adoption!! Although it is rather hard to just sit around and wait, knowing that your life is going to change so much with one phone call. But wait we must. In the mean time I have been pouring over adoption books and websites learning all I can about adoption and attachment and anything and everything related to it!! The other day the kids and I left the grocery store and I was SURE I had left someone. I kept counting the kids and thinking no they are all here? But then I realized our sweet baby girl is already so much a part of my heart. This is what I have been praying for for months now. That the Lord would prepare her for us and us for her. And you know what.....He's doing it!!!
Even though our paperwork is done I still have a mile long list of stuff I want or need to get accomplished in these next 5 months before we get our referral. One of those things was getting our travel vaccinations done. So our appointment date came and we all went to the International Travel Clinic. Stephen found out that he had to have 3 more vaccines than I did=) Stephen and I each got 3 vaccines on this first visit (Hep A, Polio, DTaP) and have to go back for 2 more visit in 1 month and 6 months. I am TOTALLY used to being stuck. I have had 3 c-sections and 2 knee surgeries in the past 6 years not to mention having my thyroid checked every few months!! But my sweet tough husband well he's not so used to it=) He can take pain. He cut his leg bad with a chain saw not that long ago, stepped on a nail and removed it himself but needles are a whole different story!

After his shots he just about passed out. He had to go outside to get some fresh air. At this point I'm trying to be a good understanding wife but I could not hold back my laughter. Well he didn't think it was funny at the time but now he can laugh at it=) Needless to say he's not looking forward to his next appointment!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment