Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Friday, June 24, 2011

Cleared for TRAVEL!!!

Yesterday we got the wonderful news that we were cleared for travel! They gave us three dates to choose from July 14th, 18th and 19th. We really really really didn't want to have the 18th or 19th as that would put us ANOTHER week out before we left!
Today we got news that we got the earlier appointment date of July 14th!!!
So we will be leaving here July 6th!!

We are leaving so early because we have planned to do the birth family trip. 'A' was born in a small community near the town of Awassa, Ethiopia. So we are travleing 200 miles on Friday to go see that area and possibly meet with her birth family.
We are praying this will happen. As it stands now there are some doubts as to weather the orphanage will coordinate the meeting (like they usually do) because of some issues they have with our agency. I understand both sides of the issue but we just really want to meet her birth family! We have so many questions we want to ask them and want to answer any questions they may have for us. So please pray that this will work out. We won't know if it will until we are actually in the town and they say yes or no. So we're going hopefull. But if it doesn't work out we will still get to visit with the kids in the orphanage that she was in from age 7-11 months old.

Then we will travel back to Addis on Saturday and pick her up FOREVER Monday
July 11th!!!!!!! Our embassy appointment as I said is on July 14th and we plan to leave the 15th or 16th (still working those details out with our travel agent) and then home on the 16th or 17th!

Praise God we are finally bringing her home! Can't wait to hold her in my arms again!

4 comments:

  1. I know I already told you,.... But I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! 6 more days till we leave!!! I can't wait to hold her in my arms again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christa -- very excited to hear your news! I have a special message for you from Birtukan (we've been working together to work out a way for you to stay at MCGH)...please email me when you get a chance at krista.s.williams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete