Yea we got an update this morning! We really were unsure if we would get one or not. The social workers over in Ethiopia typically start doing updates every other month after the child turns 2. Well 'A' turned 2 a few months ago but we have still been able to get an update each month! I'm so happy we got this because even thought they say she is 2 she is still not walking by herself. We found out in this update that she is starting to cruise along the walls and taking a few steps by herself! This is so bittersweet. I'm so happy that she is growing and progressing but it hurts that we are missing these milestones in her life (espcially since we have already missed so much of it). The social workers continue to tell us that she is a very sweet little girl. I can only laugh when i read about her getting upset when another child takes away her toy and how she goes to the nanny to 'tell' on them with a sad face. We got about 12 new pictures of her, some of which she is wearing boy clothes which our boys think is rather funny.
38 days till we leave!!!!
Our little man "cries when someone takes his toy" too. I feel like they would be weird not to. I love that she tattles! That is sooo her cute little personality. I can just see it with her big lashes :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOur SW told us that they do monthly updates until they are 3. Your girl sounds absolutely precious.
ReplyDelete