Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: the fruit of the womb is a reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth.Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them



Saturday, June 12, 2010

Let the wait begin!!!

Yahoo!!! We got an email from Leah our social worker that our dossier is done being authenticated and is back at HQ!!! It actually missed today's shipment to Ethiopia so it will go next Friday=( But we are SO VERY VERY excited that the paper chase is behind us and now we start the wait for our referral!!! The earliest that we have seen other families get a referral was 5 months so that's what we are hoping for. Realistically it can be anywhere from 6 months to 1 year and we know that. We are trusting in God's timing to bring our precious little girl into our family. We would very much appreciate you all if you would pray for our little girl.
On much more uninteresting news we got a puppy this last week. There is a little of a story behind why we got her. See two weeks ago the kids and I were doing school so I decided to go sit on the porch for a few minutes while they worked. That's when I heard one of our chickens start swaking out in the woods. This was not a normal laying an egg noise. It was more like this is the end of the world noise. So I hopped up to see what had spooked it. Usually it's just a rat snake or ant hill they layed on. This time however I saw the chicken running out of the woods and into the barn. At that point I saw a coyote come walking out of the wood like, "Man I didn't get it !!". Talk about shocked!! The coyotes usually kept their distance from the farm because of our dogs. However we lost Sago about 6 months ago and Samson our other dog has turned into a true country dog. Lazy as all get out! So I immediately called Stephen and we decided right then we needed another German shepherd to keep the coyotes away from the chickens. We just happened to find 6 week old baby German shepherds on craigslist. The boys LOVE playing with her. We named her Delilah=) Stephen jokingly said we should name her Delilah to go along with her partner Samson, and well it stuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment